Uprichard Fuels (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting personal data. This privacy statement describes how and why we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both through direct interaction with individuals and by online means such as websites or emails. We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. Uprichard Fuels processes personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ.
When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
Some pages of our website may permit you to send emails or other messages to us. Emails and messages sent to us will contain your name and email address, as well as any information you may wish to include in the message.
We take the security of all the data we hold seriously. We have in place policies and procedures which cover data protection, confidentiality and security. We regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
How we use your personal data
We process personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, in following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided these do not interfere with your interests and fundamental rights; and
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing personal data and locations of processing
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us. Uprichard Fuels uses third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of information technology, cloud based software as service providers, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers used by these cloud infrastructures are located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them
- Third party organisations that otherwise assist us in providing goods, services or information
- Auditors and other professional advisers
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Occasionally, we may receive requests from third parties with authority to obtain disclosure of personal data, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, to investigate an alleged crime, to establish, exercise or defend legal rights. We will only fulfil requests for personal data where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. HMRC recommends six years.
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement was last updated on 23 May 2018 and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Data controller and contact information
The data controller is named person.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at email of named person or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights over your personal data
According to data protection laws you have the right to request:
• A copy of the personal data we hold about you
• The correction of your personal data if it is incorrect, incomplete or out of date
• That we stop using your personal data for marketing of products or services (either through specific channels, or all channels).
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
To request a copy of the personal data we hold for you, please write to the Data Protection Coordinator at Uprichard Fuels/address/email contact with “Subject Access Request” as the title.
Contacting the regulator
At any time, if you feel that we have not responded satisfactorily to your request, or if you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, it is within your rights to register a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
• contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via www.ico.org.uk
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in explaining how we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Co-ordinator for further guidance:
Email us at Uprichard email with “Data Protection Enquiry” as the title.
Alternatively, write to us at Uprichard Fuels address.
You may also wish to consult the Information Commissioner’s Office via www.ico.org.uk
This notice was last updated on 23rd May 2018.